Tanzania Mercantile Exchange (TMX) is an organized marketplace, providing a platform where buyers and sellers come together to trade, assured of quality, quantity, payment, and delivery. TMX firmly believes that it would achieve its main objective when a Tanzanian farmer would be able to choose his cropping pattern based on spot and futures prices disseminated by the Exchange, rather than the practice of sowing a crop based on current prices.
Vision and Mission
To become the leading and most diverse and dynamic commodity market place in East, Central and Southern Africa.
To provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform for commodities to serve the national development goals through state of the art technology and integrity.
More About TMX
- Permanent Secretary in the Prime Minister’s office who is the Chairman
- Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance
- Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security and Cooperatives
- Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Livestock Development
- Attorney General
- Managing Director of the Warehouse Receipt Regulatory Board and
- Chief Executive Officer of the Capital Markets and Securities Authority
- TIB Development Bank
- Prime Minister's Office
- Ministry of Finance and Planning
- Bank of Tanzania
- Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment
- Public Service Pension Fund (PSPF)
- President's Office (TAMISEMI)
- Ministry of Agriculture